Are your children returning to school in September? Here are some guidelines to start implementing now:
- Teach children what 6 feet apart looks like.
- Have kids practice wearing face coverings until they find a type that is comfortable for longer periods of time. You may also need to search for attachments that keep the elastic from hurting their ears.
- Implement hand washing breaks throughout your day to simulate what will be taking place in school and remind children never to touch their faces unless their hands are sanitized.
- Discuss how to kindly decline sharing school supplies and food with classmates so they are not caught off guard with what to say.
- Begin gathering personal hand sanitizers, disinfecting wipes, and several well-fitting masks now.
If our pediatricians can help your family with COVID-19 school safety tips, please call our office at 732-727-8800.